Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Story Begins in 2013


2013 “Today is the first blank page in a 365 page book. Make it a good one.” - ???

I read something like that somewhere today. (<- Yes, very descriptive, I know.) I plan on doing that, making this year’s story a good one, because this book character decided to make some New Year’s Resolutions. First, however, I need a trusty sword for this journey through 2013 and mine is my survival kit.

Here’s what my survival kit for 2013 looks like:

1) I need some goals. New Year Resolutions suit this purpose quite well.

(1. Read 50 books.  2. Draw 1 picture a month.  3. Exercise a minimum of 2 hours a week.
4. Stop biting my nails...  5. Try something new every month.  6. Write 300 words every week.
7. Get a car.  8. Keep up with all the stuff I do via either blog, journal, picture, videos, voice recordings, etc.  9. Read my Bible everyday.)

2) To make it in 2013, I also need The Book Lover’s Journal. (If you take a look at my New Year’s Resolutions, particularly the first one, you might understand why.)


Now this is a book where I can record and review everything that I read. I stumbled upon it one day in Barnes&Noble and fell in love. Blessedly, I received it as a Christmas gift. I cannot wait to use it! Below is a little sneak peek of what it looks like on the inside. Anyone interested in a book review of a book reviewer??? ;)





3) I need my faith in a God who sustains me. With all the moodiness and adventures that come with being a character in my book, I need more than just something or someone to get me through. (Sorry, Prince Charming, you just aren’t going to cut it.) I need the One who created me in the first place, who loves me enduringly, and made me the secondary character in His story for me. (More plot development on that secondary stuff later.)

4) Do not forget plenty of grace, mercy, and love to go around. . . Did I forget to mention I’m not perfect? Yeah, I’m not and I need a lot of that stuff up there (grace, mercy, love).

5) Words. Bunches of words because I really like them. A lot. <3

I already have a great family, some of the best friends out there, a healthy dose of schooling (yuck), and plenty of books to keep me occupied. But this year is going to be different. This book character has some life changes coming her way between turning eighteen, graduating, starting college, and writing (which is always an adventure). So why not keep track of it? Why not write down my experiences somewhere like. . . I don’t know. . . a blog? I know, I thought it was a clever idea too. ^_^ Well, sort of, I greatly dislike being unoriginal and blogs seem to be pretty popular nowadays. So I am still iffy about the whole idea of blogging.

Am I the only one that thinks of Gollum, in J.R.R. Tolkein’s novels, coughing on that word?

“Blog-blogging. . . Blogging. . .”

Anyways, why not give it a shot though? See what comes of it? I have 365 blank pages to fill, and a wonderful plan that God has written just for me. Seems like the perfect set up for an interesting novel.

How does it feel to be the secondary character in His story?
Come along and we’ll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment