Thursday, November 21, 2013

Book Review: 31 Days of Praise

31 Days of Praise: Enjoying God Anew
By: Ruth Myers with Warren Myers
Publisher: Multnomah Books
Genre: Nonfiction, Christian, Shifting My Focus
Number of Pages: 158


Overview:

    "I know I should praise God, but I don't know how . . . I don't have time . . . I just don't feel like it." Christians who long to experience God in a fresh, deep way will treasure this powerful, personal praise guide. Every day for just one month, a Scripture-based devotional cultivates the "heart habit" of praise and worship. Readers will be gently inspired to appreciate and adore the Lord in all things - yes, even in the midst of pain, disappointment, and heartache. A deeper intimacy with God - and a greater love for Him - is the sure result.
(Summary taken from Goodreads and is also what's on the back of the book.)

Star Rating:

     5 stars (I really liked it.)

Content Rating:

     G

My Opinions:
     What I liked/lovedI started reading this at a time in my life where I felt like I needed my focus to be more on praising God. I was struggling in my life, and now dealing with tiredness, anxiety, and discouragement. It was the perfect time to start reading this book. It has been a wonderful tool in helping me realize first hand and experience the benefits of praising Him, and how my praise in turn further enriches my life. I would highly recommend it! I will most likely be reading and using it again.


Check out this book on:  Amazon or Barnes&Noble!!


Have you read this books? Any related books? What were your thoughts?
I'd like to know! I am always open for new reading suggestions as well.


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I borrowed this book from my mother. This review was not endorsed in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment